- This event has passed.
Pollination Celebration – Beetles
Friday, August 27, 2021 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
In partnership with Kennett Library, our monthly celebration of pollinators has covered bees & birds, and next Friday is all about beneficial beetles!
At 4pm plan to attend a Q&A with Casey Sclar, Executive Director of American Public Gardens Association & Board member of the Xerces Society for Invertebrate Conservation. Casey will be focusing on fireflies and other important beetle pollinators.
Special guest vendors and information tables include:
- Emergent Abundance Farm at Spar Hill – The Emergent Abundance Farming Collective (EAFC) is a small, enthusiastic community of passionate, ecologically-minded volunteers in pursuit of local sustainable farming to combat food insecurity. Founded in 2020 by Julia Smagorinsky, MAgrSc, in Kennett Square, PA. EAFC aims to directly address the challenges and needs for locally-sourced, sustainable and nutritious produce in an ever changing world. Their goal is food sovereignty for all by helping others recognize and utilize the abundance that surrounds us.
- Gateway Gardens – bringing an assortment of pollinator friendly plants for your garden
- Kennett Library – our presenting partner organization will be on hand with an activity related to fireflies
- The Land Conservancy for Southern Chester County – come learn about the upcoming Birds, Books and Brews event taking place in Kennett Square September 8th through 18th
- Wastewell Compost – WasteWell™ provides curbside composting services. They pick up your organic waste and deliver it to a local composting facility to be turned into a nutrient-rich soil amendment. They are also a sponsor of the Kennett Square Farmers Market. Learn more about their services.