- This event has passed.
Pollination Celebration at the Kennett Farmers Market
Friday, June 25 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Celebrate National Pollinator Week at the Kennett Square Farmers Market!
Explore & learn with your farmers plus community guests like the Chester County Beekeepers, The Land Conservancy for Southern Chester County, Kennett Greenway, Kennett Area Park Authority (Anson B Nixon), and Rep. Christina Sappey’s office.
Guest vendor Gateway Garden Center will have pollinator-friendly native plants for sale, Organic Mechanic Soil Company will be on hand for your organic soil needs, and Moss & Mineral will have solitary bee homes & kits.
At 4pm, the Kennett Library is hosting a talk and activity in the picnic table area of The Creamery adjacent to market entry. The president of Chester County Beekeepers Association, George Datto is excited to share his knowledge about the threats to honey bees and other pollinators, and what we can do to help protect them.
Plan to bring the family or meet friends for some free community fun!
Community Partner Tables/Activities:
- Chester County Beekeepers Association
- Kennett Area Park Authority (Anson B. Nixon Park) – learn about the park’s plans to install a pollinator garden
- Kennett Greenway – grab a “hot off the presses” Nature as Teacher activity passport
- The Land Conservancy of Southern Chester County – come learn about their ‘Planting for Birds and Bees’ initiative and enjoy a craft for kids, making and decorating an origami folded paper bird.
- Representative Christina Sappey’s office
- Gateway Gardens – take advantage of the extensive selection of American Beauty Native Plants and other pollinator-friendly additions to your garden
- Organic Mechanics Soil Company – passionate about all-natural, sustainable gardening, Organic Mechanics soils are 100% organic, made with locally sourced ingredients, and completely peat-free.
- Moss & Mineral – solitary bee home and kits handmade by local crafters
- Revolution Bees – honey, along with the promotion and education of sustainable beekeeping