Whether you are touring the many Brandywine Valley attractions or taking in the wonders of the Pennsylvania Dutch Country, a stop in historic Kennett Square should be on you agenda. Our quaint village offers a wide variety of shopping, dining and tourist activities for groups of all ages. Kennett Square is only three miles from Longwood Gardens and six miles from Winterthur in Delaware. Also nearby is the Brandywine River Museum with its unparalleled collection of works by three generations of the Wyeth family. Opportunities for outdoor recreation, like biking, canoeing and hiking are also readily available in the greater Kennett Square area.
- Spend the day browsing through our art galleries, boutiques, Farmers’ Market, and shops. View our KSQ Merchant Map for more details.
- Sit and enjoy a meal at one of our many fine restaurants , some featuring sidewalk and rooftop dining.
- Learn about the history all around us. The Kennett Underground Railroad offers narrated tours on summer Sunday afternoons and on several other occasions. Call 610-347-2237 for more information.
- The historic site of the largest engagement of the Revolutionary War, the Brandywine Battlefield is 8 miles from Kennett Square and offers driving tours as well as a museum.
- Take a self-guided walking tour of the many beautiful historic homes of Historic Kennett Square. Download the printable map & directions here. Parking is available in the Municipal Parking Garage on East Linden Street, at the beginning of the tour.
- Check our Events Calendar for our frequent special events and Festivals, including the World Famous Mushroom Festival in September, a Brewfest in October, and several holiday parades throughout the year.
Kennett Square is most noted as “The Mushroom Capital of the World”! Over 51% of the nation’s mushroom crops are grown right here in Southern Chester County. The Mushroom Cap, in the heart of downtown Kennett Square, has a 10 minute film and special exhibits showing how the mushroom industry began in Kennett Square, how and where the mushrooms are grown, how they are picked and their nutritional value. Fresh mushrooms are available daily as well as mushroom gifts and Kennett Square souvenirs.
Tour Guides/Operators: We strive to make your trip into Kennett Square an easy and enjoyable one. Please call in advance (610) 444-8188 and we will make arrangements to direct you to the designated drop-off location in town and direct you to appropriate parking.