Kennett Square’s Art Stroll is a monthly celebration of the local art scene as it is showcased in the galleries, shops and restaurants throughout town. Residents and visitors alike are encouraged to stroll the tree-lined streets and browse the many businesses that stay open late. The Art Stroll runs from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the first Friday of each month.
AFTER 5 p.m. on Friday, enjoy free parking anywhere in the PARKING GARAGE and at any street meter.
COME ENJOY THE AUGUST FIRST FRIDAY MURDER MYSTERY ART STROLL!!!
MURDER MYSTERY, 6:30-9 p.m.
Location: Downtown Kennett Square
The Brandywine Valley’s favorite whodunit is back with The Mystery of Mushroom Woman – The Movie.
Meet the detective at the scene of the crime in Sycamore Alley (new location-between La Verona and the Franklin Center) to gather clues, question murder suspects in participating downtown locations, and attempt to identify the murderer and solve The Mystery of Mushroom Woman the Movie . Prizes will be awarded to random winners.
· Participants of the Murder Mystery Art Stroll will pick up a map with participating locations, general suspect information, and worksheet from the detective in Sycamore Alley
· Participants will investigate the murder by determining holes in suspect stories by using the questions, answers, and clues provided by the detective, murder suspects, and suspicious characters
· Suspects, denoted by costumes and potential murder weapons, will be stationed at various participating locations in downtown Kennett Square
· Additional suspicious characters will walk around town with clues available for purchase; proceeds benefit Kennett Amateur Theatrical Society (KATS)
· Winners will be randomly selected and awarded prizes at the end of the evening
· Participants do not have to be present at the 6:45 p.m. improvisation to participate in the mystery
· Participation is FREE, all ages welcome
· Presented by Kennett Amateur Theatrical Society (KATS) and Historic Kennett Square
· For more information call 610-444-8188 or visit www.HistoricKennettSquare.com
Mala Galleria, featuring photographer Michael Gunselman
Title of show : CAPTURES II
Deep in Thought – Kiev
Please stop by during First Friday Art Stroll in Kennett Square 6-9pm
Find Mala Galleria at the new location, just couple of doors up the street,
at 200 East State Street (old Longwood Gallery space)
Trover Nine Studio
At the Kennett Square Farmers Market:
First Friday’s at the Kennett Square Farmers Market always includes a variety of special craft vendors as well as live music. Enjoy the soulful singing of Emma Larson at this Friday’s Market from 5-7pm
In addition, the Chester County Art Association will be set up, directing children to a free arts & craft activity at the Garage from 3-5pm
Visit the Chester County Art Association table at the farmers market this week for information about their upcoming art classes and programs for all ages.
Also, from 3pm to 5pm they are hosting a special FREE Summer Art Camp activity just around the corner at The Garage. Young people ages 4–17 can join in the fun for up to an hour while you explore the Market, or you can hang out there as they enjoy time creating with friends!
Artisan Vendors at the Market:
Atwater Designs–Sarah returns this month with gorgeous cyanotype prints & home goods inspired by botanical elements and the natural world! All plants used in Sarah’s prints are collected from her home garden or Southeastern PA…and 10% of proceeds are donated to the Brandywine Conservancy.
Botanical Bubbles–Sherri handcrafts beautiful soaps, lotion, lip balm and more. She combines organic and local ingredients as much as possible to make natural, nourishing body products that are gentle on your skin. For hot days ahead, try her natural deodorant and sunscreen! Find her at market on 1st, 3rd and 5th Fridays.
Briarhill Woodcraft–Bill gives new life to fallen trees and reclaimed wood, carefully crafting functional items such as bowls, serving trays, cutting boards, ice cream scoops and bottle stoppers in his Chadds Ford wood shop. New items this week: checkered cutting boards, wooden yarn bowls and rustic tablet stands!
Garden Artistry–Van & Irene bring their beautiful handcrafted gardening decor and container gardens to market every other week. They work together to create gorgeous hypertufa and concrete garden accents and composed succulent planters.
Juniper Hill Farms–Their sunflowers are here this week! Grab a few to share the beauty, and say hello to Brent with his handmade blankets, Ethan with his chickens, Pete with his custom memory stones, and Ray with his fascinating Lego creations & artwork.
The Kitchen Garden Series–Stop by and explore Heidi’s heirloom quality line of kitchen textiles made with linen remnants & scraps that would otherwise go to waste. Replace your disposables for many years to come! A portion of sales always supports Urban Agriculture. Their new French market bags are perfect for your market haul!