Location: Downtown Kennett Square
The Brandywine Valley’s favorite whodunit is back with The Mystery of the Kennett Shiitakes
Meet the detective at the scene of the crime, the Genesis Walkway (101 E. State Street) to gather clues, question murder suspects in participating downtown locations, and attempt to identify the murderer and solve The Mystery of Art in the Kennett Shiitakes. Prizes will be awarded to random winners.
Here is a little bit of back story:
Tex Bumsteer, a billionaire Texas oil tycoon wants to start a semi-pro football team in Kennett Square. He plans to build a new stadium on property acquired from what was formerly the King Ranch. Why does he want to come to Kennett Square? He says “Because I like my steak with mushrooms!”
There is anger and contention over the stadium site, disagreements among the staff and players from the team that is being transplanted from Texas, financial discord between Tex and his business partners. And floating around town is the usual array of suspicious characters. Anger, greed, jealousy. Nothing good can come from this….
· Participants of the Murder Mystery Art Stroll will pick up a map with participating locations, general suspect information, and worksheet from the detective in the Genesis Walkway (101 E. State Street)
· Participants will investigate the murder by determining holes in suspect stories by using the questions, answers, and clues provided by the detective, murder suspects, and suspicious characters
· Suspects, denoted by costumes and potential murder weapons, will be stationed at various participating locations in downtown Kennett Square
· Additional suspicious characters will walk around town with clues available for purchase; proceeds benefit Kennett Amateur Theatrical Society (KATS)
· Winners will be randomly selected and awarded prizes at the end of the evening
· Participants do not have to be present at the 6:45 p.m. improvisation to participate in the mystery
· Participation is FREE, all ages welcome
· Presented by Kennett Amateur Theatrical Society (KATS) and Historic Kennett Square
· For more information call 610-444-8188 or visit www.HistoricKennettSquare.com
Location: Genesis Walkway